Title of Position: Director, Media & Communications
Start Date: October 15, 2020
Remuneration: Based on experience
Announcement Date: September 3, 2020
Closing Date: September 15, 2020
The Canadian Sport School Hockey League (CSSHL) is seeking a Director, Media & Communications. The successful candidate must be highly organized with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Strong knowledge of social media platforms, websites, excellent written communication, editing skills and a passion for hockey is a must.
This is a contract, home-based position that entails evening and weekend work.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this role will be responsible for:
- Production, publishing and editing of all necessary digital content and ensure all content is updated in a timely manner on the CSSHL website and social media platforms
- Publishing all necessary game scores in a timely manner on all social media platforms
- Uploading rosters and schedules, as well as any necessary changes on the CSSHL website
- Produce or edit exclusive content for the CSSHL website, newsletter and social media platforms
- Produce, post and send out press releases to news outlets
- Track student athlete hockey pathways each season and continue to track their pathways after leaving the CSSHL
- Monitor for and promote student athlete signings (NHL, Junior, NCAA, USports, other professional leagues)
- Monitor social media accounts of all CSSHL members to ensure they are adhering to league guidelines
- Monitor for any mention of the CSSHL, its members or student athletes online and determine if it should be promoted
- Manage/hire other staff members, photographers, videographers or content writers as required
- Experience working with major social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube
- Experience working with and building WordPress websites
- Experience with Google Analytics and Google Alerts
- Excellent written communications and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage a daily content calendar and produce content as required
- Self-starter, dependable and capable of performing under pressure
- Graphic design skills
- Photography skills
- Video editing skills
- Ability to work evenings and weekends
- Ability to travel as required
This is a rewarding position with the opportunity to gain valuable experience working in the hockey community.
The Canadian Sport School Hockey League was established in 2009 with a vision to become a leader in education-based hockey in North America. Today, the CSSHL has grown into the only coast-to-coast minor hockey league in Canada with 26 members and 84 teams, male and female, from Vancouver Island to Prince Edward Island, as well as the state of Idaho. All members within the CSSHL are sanctioned Hockey Canada Accredited Schools or Schools with Residence, meeting the regulations of not only Hockey Canada, but their respective provincial or regional members.
All applicants are asked to send their resumes and cover letters via email to: email@example.com by
September 15, 2020 at 5PM PST. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.