Hockey Canada announced that they have invited 45 players to their National Men’s Under-18 Team summer development camp in Calgary, AB this July.
Among the group are 11 Canadian Sports School Hockey League (CSSHL) alumni, including two first overall Western Hockey League (WHL) picks in Matt Savoie (2019) and Connor Bedard (2020). 10 of the 11 players currently play in the WHL, with Rieger Lorenz being the lone Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) camp invitee.
Bedard will be the lone returning player at this summer’s camp, having won gold with the U18 team as a double underage player back in May of 2021. Bedard finished tied for second in points with 14, including recording a goal and an assist in the Gold Medal game. Bedard was one of three forwards named to the tournament Media All-Star Team.
The 11 CSSHL alumni include:
- Connor Bedard – West Van Warriors (Regina Pats/WHL)
- Nate Danielson – Northern Alberta Xtreme (Brandon Wheat Kings/WHL)
- Keaton Dowhaniuk – OHA Edmonton (Prince George Cougars/WHL)
- Layton Feist – Okanagan Hockey Academy (Regina Pats/WHL)
- Connor Levis – St. George’s School (Kamloops Blazers/WHL)
- Mats Lindgren – BWC Academy (Kamloops Blazers/WHL)
- Brandon Lisowsky – BWC Academy (Saskatoon Blades/WHL)
- Rieger Lorenz – Edge School (Okotoks Oilers/AJHL)
- Matthew Savoie – Northern Alberta Xtreme/Rink Hockey Academy Winnipeg (Winnipeg Ice/WHL)
- Mathew Ward – Delta Hockey Academy/West Van Hockey Academy (Swift Current Broncos/WHL)
- Koehn Ziemmer – OHA Edmonton (Prince George Cougars/WHL)